Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dueling Divas Round 11

Woo Hoo! It's that time again!!! I have had a lot going on this week, but it did me good to sit down and do some paper crafting.

This months hostess was Barb and she sent us an awesome kit to work with this month. All about the outdoors! My family and I are campers and in fact are planning a camping trip for sometime in July.. can't wait.

There was a challenge to our duel this month, to share a camping story either good or bad. Uughh.. worst camping memory ever.... first time we went camping, we had a Dodge Caravan at the time. My husband had packed everything, but we had bought a new table for the camp stove to sit on. Well, he decided to strap the BRAND NEW table AND new tent on the top. (rolling my eyes) Apparently  he was not paying attention to what he was doing or something and he didn't tie the stuff down good, so we are rolling down the highway on our way and all the sudden the stuff on top falls off! In the middle of the freeway only about 2 miles from home!!!!! We had to park on the side of the highway, mind you our NEW stuff is in the middle of this same highway. Dodging traffic, he got the table and I got the tent.  Safely, thank goodness. Talk about getting your blood pumping. The rest of the trip was GREAT though. :D


I made two cards and I still have enough supplies left over for at least 2 -3 more cards! Thank you Barb!

11 comments:

  1. Jamie! You could have been road tent pizza!!! Boys. I tell ya!

    Both cards are really cute. I especially love the little trailer in the woods scene. How clever. Oh and I did not miss that brad for a rim either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe...first need to giggle at your story.....and have to tell you one. When my son was about 3, my SIL was on vacay with us. She put her purse on the roof of the truck so she could buckle Him into his seatbelt. You guessed it...contents of purse all over the major road in Vermont!! Ugh...we were running after cash...lol


    Your cards are fabbydabby! I love the brad as the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute cards Jamie--I love how you used the twill. Love your story--just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I think I would have left the stuff in the road, lol! Glad all ended well! Your cards are super neat -- love the stamped pine trees on the second one, very creative! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, your card is fantastic... I love the way you used the twill ribbon! How clever! And that camper in the forest of trees is perfect!

    EEK! What a story though. Sure glad you and your DH were safe. Pretty scary!

    BTW, you are in my thoughts today. I know it must be kind of quiet at your house. You must be very proud of your DS, and rightfully so!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Jamie. Love how you used the twill on the first card. I need to learn to do that. Gives such a great element to the card. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cards....and Barb picked out great paper to send! That little trailer is adorable, and I love the forest you created for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy hannah Jamie...what an amazing card. I love the ribbon treatment you did...outstanding...great use of the kit and the second card...you outdid yourself with these cards...great job my friend....Love the story as well....certainly something that would have happened to me.....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your camper amongst the trees! great placement and the layered ribbon is FABulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Fantastic cards, Jamie!! Love how you used the elements in the card kit. Putting that camper among the stamped trees is perfection! You're so right, enough in this kit to creat mucho cards. Love your camping story...kind of scary though!

    ReplyDelete